How to Configure Mac Mail for Email Hosted on Exchange 2013
Initially, Microsoft Exchange was designed to run exclusively on Windows operating systems.
However, overtime this has changed, Microsoft Exchange is now compatible with iOS operating system running on Mac OS X Version 10.6 or Higher. Earlier versions, e.g., iOS 8.3 may experience problems involving the synchronisation of calendar items, which cause specific updates to be unavailable.
Mac OS X users can check the version of the device they use by clicking on the Apple icon located on the left.
Below we explain how to manually configure Mac Mail hosted on Exchange 2013:
- 1. Click on the option Mac Mail and choose Mail icon. Select Preferences.
- 2. A new window will appear. Select ‘accounts icon’ located on the top menu bar then click on the + symbol at the bottom.
- 3. Choose Exchange and continue
- 4. On the next page, enter your full name, Microsoft Exchange email address and password. Note that if your CNAME record has not been setup correctly you may be required to do so manually. The following steps should help you to set it up. Otherwise, you can skip the fifth step.
- 5. Provide the following information:
- Descriptive name for the email hosted
- The email address and a password associated with the email account you want to set up.
- The server address, in this case, https://email.icu/
- 6. If the CNAME record is set appropriately, confirm the settings and proceed.
- 7. Select the other options you want to activate. You have successfully configured your Mac Mail on Microsoft Exchange.